98 years of Pozuelo History!
It all started on the 5th of November, 1919; when Felipe Pozuelo founded “Fábrica de Galletas y Confites Felipe Pozuelo e Hijos Ltda.”, which was located in a small building in Paseo Colón, in front of the San Juan de Dios Hospital.
With the rise of the on-demand economy, Felipe decided to enlarge the factory’s infrastructure and machinery: he bought a piece of land in La Uruca, home of our current manufactory plant and administrative offices, since 1962.
In 1970 and up to 2006, we were acquired by the American company Riviana Foods. In this period of time, our products were marketed under the Pozuelo brand and due to the regional growth, we were able to inaugurate marketing offices in other Central America countries: Nicaragua (1982), Panama (2002), and both El Salvador and Guatemala in 2004.
In 2006, the market’s solidity and leadership lead Pozuelo towards being a subsidiary of Consorcio Colombiano Grupo Empresarial Nutresa, a consortium that holds the 4th place in Latin America’s Food Industry Group, by having a portfolio of 146 brands in its 8 business units: cold cuts, cookies, chocolates, coffee, ice cream, pasta, Tresmontes Lucchetti (TMLUC) and consumer goods. In Costa Rica, Grupo Nutresa has two additional manufacturing plants besides Pozuelo: Compañía Nacional de Chocolate and Helados Pops.
This all comes down to our contribution of 98 years to the welfare of every human being that is somehow linked to the food industry. Working with passion, reliability and innovation so we are able to bring forth moments of flavor and happiness.